Hey, I finally got our second podcast up. Check it out under previous post “Podcast Baby!” Trust me, it’s really, really good.
Many have billed tonight’s game against the Rockets as a “must win” or “the biggest game of the year”. While I agree that it is important, I don’t think it is the end all be all. The Blazers go into tonight’s game against the Rockets with a half game lead for 4th place in the west (home court advantage). So a win could be a huge coup for a team who is trying to make the playoffs for the first time in 5 years. Many people think that
The Rockets are without Tracy McGrady who announced yesterday that he will be undergoing the dreaded microfracture surgery today to repair his bum wheel. However, a lot of people think that
Greg Oden is out again, and likely out for tomorrows game against
Keys To the Game:
- Przy Must Stay Out of Foul Trouble
- We need him in the game to go against
Yao, and also we can’t afford to send to the free throw line where he is an 88% foul shooter. Yao
- Not Back Down Against Houston’s Physical Play
- Artest, Battier, and Scola are all physical players who will push our guys around. We cannot fold under that pressure and must play our game not theirs.
- Win the Rebound
- We need to out rebound
. Their entire team crashes the boards hard so we need to make sure and get a body on someone and not just turn and watch the ball being shot. Houston
- Treat This Like A Playoff Game
- This game will have a playoff atmosphere to it, so we need to bring it tonight. No time to start slow, we need to get going right out of the gate.
I am taking the Blazers and the Under. I think that they will keep it close if not win, and both teams are going to slow it down and play a half court game.