Tonight’s game vs. the Clippers is a tricky one. For one, the Blazers are on the second game of a back to back and the Clips have had the last three days off. Second, the Blazers did not get into
I don’t want to come across all doom and gloom about this game, because there are a lot of factors that are in the Blazers favor. Our depth is really going to be an asset for us tonight as both Aldridge and Roy played 43 minutes plus last night. It also gives us the luxury to search and find somebody who will bring the energy required to get a win tonight. In stark contrast the Clippers have one of the, if not the, most garbage bench in the NBA (their 6th man is Jason Hart). Another factor is the fact that the Clippers are 4-17 and tied for the second worst record in the league. I feel their record is deceiving of their talent, as they have been hit with a barrage of injuries. One injury that will factor into tonight’s game is Chris Caveman (seen to the above left) who is out with a foot injury. But with a starting lineup of Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Al Thornton, Zach (I’m in Luv Wit a Strippa) Randolph, and Marcus Camby, they are definitely a threat. But let’s move onto to see what I think the Blazers need to do to pull out a win tonight.
Keys to the Game
- Keep Baron Davis Out of the Key.
- A lot of offense in generated through
, as he has the rock in his hands most of the time. If we can keep him from getting easy looks for him and his teammates it will go a long ways in securing a Blazers win. Davis
- Play With Some Energy/Focus
- It is going to be very difficult for the Blazers not to look ahead to their 3 days off, but someone is going to have to be a spark for the Blazers tonight. These are the type of games that separate young teams from veteran teams, and it would be nice to see yet another sign from our Blazers that they are ahead of schedule.
- Find Our Shot/Score 100 Points
- After two games of subpar shooting it is essential that the Blazers find their shots. As noted prior the
game the Blazers are 8-2 when scoring over 100 points. The Clippers in turn are 0-10 when giving up 100 points. Utah
- Roy and Rudy Should Have a Big Game
- With rookie Eric Gordon guarding him, Roy and Rudy should have a hay day. What’s even better is the fact that the Clippers contain absolutely no depth at the 2 guard position (Mardy Collins & Mike
). Taylor will undoubtedly see double teams all night, so it is up to him to find the open man so they can get an easy shot. Roy
- Aldridge Must Bring His “A” Game on Both Ends
- In a matchup vs. his former teammate ZBo, Aldridge must do his best at containing the jumpshot happy
. On the reverse side, he must also shoot over the short and un-athletic Randolph, who has fewer blocks then players such as: Aaron Gray, Anthony Carter, Randy Foye, and Nick Young. Randolph
In conclusion, this is gut check time for the Blazers to see if they can dig down deep and pull out a win when they are tired and worn out, playing a scrub team. Let’s hope the Rose Garden gets rocking tonight to help give them a boost.
First off, from now on I will keep a tallies’ of mine and Gooses picks, and show it below so you guys are able to figure out if you should trust me or him. I will keep two separate tallies’, one for the spread and one for the over/under, hope you enjoy!
The spread at the current time is Blazers +8.5 with an Over/Under of 189. As a rule of thumb I usually steer clear of spread’s this large, and I am not too wild about the Over/Under. It is hard to predict how the Blazers will come out tonight. But if I had to choose I would take the Blazers and the over. To confuse you even more, Goose has come through and taken the Blazers with the under. That being said if you gave me money to wager for you, then tonight I would not wager.