Brandon Roy is not going to play tonight due to a pulled hamstring
There are not many teams in the NBA that I would be ok with the Blazers losing to. But
There are a few factors that are working in our favor (depending on how big of an optimist you are). First, the Celtics showed they are not bullet proof by dropping back to back games against the Lakers and the Warriors. However, they came back on Saturday to wipe the floor with
On the injury front Brandon Roy and Greg Oden have been checked out and should be ready to go tonight. Oden tweaked an ankle, but the X-rays came back negative.
Keys to the Game
- Everyone Must Contribute Offensively.
- The Celtics are arguably the best defensive team in the NBA. They are apat at shutting down the other teams best player(s). So tonight we must have a balanced attack on offense, not just sit back and watch Brandon try to do it all on his own, because it won’t happen.
- We Must Rebound (Especially Defensively)
- The Celtics are too stingy on D, to allow them extra possessions on offense. We must get a body on guys rather then relying on our athleticism to secure rebounds.
- We Must Dictate the Pace and Tone of the Game.
- This is where KG shines. With his smack talk and aggressive play, he sets the tone for the Celtics to intimidate and “overpower” their opponents. We must not let this happen. Stand up and hit them first and get them on their heels rather then vice versa.
- Stop Rondo’s Dribble Penetration
- Rondo is adept at getting into the lane and creating for others. With shooters like Allen, Pierce, and Eddie House on the parameter we must keep Rondo out of the key.
- Play With Pride
- We must not let the Celtics humble us to the point that we cannot perform. I think once we figure out that they are just as beatable as anyone else the in league, we will be able to compete with them on a regular basis (just the Atlanta Hawks have managed to do).
The spread for this game is
Goose has no original thoughts, so he is also taking the Celtics and the Under.
Kyle vs. Spread 2-2
Goose vs. Spread 2-2
Kyle vs. O/U 1-3
Goose vs. O/U 3-1
Yost won the score prediction again as he guessed 108-97 Blazers, with the actual being 102-94