It is reported on the Trail Blazers website that they will again be without Brandon Roy, who is officially listed as questionable. So it will again take a balanced attack tonight from everyone on our team to fill the offensive void left by
Keys to the Game
- Aldridge Must Control David West Without Much Help
has a ton of 3-pt. shooters who are great at what they do, so we cannot afford to send constant double teams at David West, leaving Aldridge one on one. If he can somewhat contain West, I think we will have a good shot at winning. New Orleans
- We Must Keep Chris Paul Out of the Lane
- Easier said then done, but similar to West, we cannot afford to double team/help off too many of their players. They thrive on 3’s (3rd best in the league), so limiting their open looks would be huge.
- We Must Maximize Every Possession
- The Hornets also play at a very slow pace (2nd only to us). So that means the importance of every possession is magnified. We must limit their 2nd chance points and our turnovers. If we do these I think we have enough offensive firepower to win this game.
- Take Care of the Ball
- No more Travis Outlaw bringing up the ball, we need to make sure and take care of it and limit our turnovers, otherwise New Orleans will have a hayday.
- Build Off of Our
- We need to not forget the execution and focus that we had for the
game. Against elite teams, we must bring that every night. Let’s hope the Blazers do bring it. Boston
I am anxious to see how Oden performs tonight, after what I thought was his best performance to date. Also will Aldridge have a hangover from his fierce competition with KG on Tuesday? I sure hope not because this is the 2nd game of a 4 game stretch vs.
The Blazers are a 1.5 point favorite with an O/U of 183. I am going to take the Blazers and the under. Even though I think there is a risk of a hangover from the
Goose is going to take the Blazers and the Over.
Kyle vs. Spread 2-3
Goose vs. Spread 2-3
Kyle vs. O/U 2-3
Goose vs. O/U 4-1
And the winner of last game’s score prediction was Derek! Although it was a win by default (no one else made a prediction), it was the closest guess we’ve had so far this year! Derek predicted 94-89 Blazers, with the actual being 91-86 Blazers. Great work D-Block! It is now:
Yost – 2
Derke - 1