Wow, we got lucky last night. The Blazers managed to pull out a close win versus the Grizzles, on some late BRoy and Outlaw heroics.
After such a close game, I began to think, would it have been that bad to have lost that game? The Blazers currently sit in 5th place in the west and are poised to enter a first round matchup with
I would have to lean with the Rockets. The Spurs still scare me, and any team with Tim Duncan on it can be poised to make a post season run even when they are not at 100%. I also truly feel that we could give
Let me know what you guys think.
Personally I think we need to win every game we can win at this point in order to try and secure a home court advantage in the playoffs. Tonight’s game versus the Spurs would be a nice step in that direction. If we win tonight we will move into a tie with
- Keep Parker Out of the Lane
- I know, easier said then done, but if we can come over and contest shots, and force Parker to shoot jumpshots it will go a long ways in helping us win this game.
- Stay Connected on D
- Just like Nate always says we need to stay connected. That means that when we go to help on Parker or Duncan, our other guys needs to be ready to rotate to open shooters. Roger Mason, Bonner, Bowen, Udoka and pretty much everyone else can shoot from deep.
- Stay Aggressive on Offense and Get to the Rim
- We cannot be intimidated by
’s physical play. We did a decent job of standing up to San Antonio the other night, but there was a lull when we stopped going to the cup, and started settling for jumpers. We can’t do that with the Spurs or we are toast. Houston
I am going to take the Spurs and the Under. I think the Blazers are going to still have trouble staying motivated after achieving their goal of making the playoffs. I think they will come out somewhat complacent, and without urgency, and once you are down the Spurs, its tough to come back.