Yo yo, it’s been a while. A lot has happened since I last posted, but I don’t want to talk about all the mess right now. I need to let you know what’s on my mind grapes! I have one basic question:
Who is the best PG in the league to play next to BRoy? Do not take into account salaries, just who right now, and for the foreseeable future would be the best PG for the Blazers to have suiting up next to BRoy?
To be honest I am not quite sure? The characteristics I feel said PG needs to have is:
- Be able to shoot the 3
- Not have a problem deferring to BRoy
- A good defender
That’s not asking too much is it? For the record, I don’t really agree with BRoy’s refusal to learn to play with a ball dominating PG (Andre Miller), but it is what it is. You married BRoy for the next 5 years, and so now you have to build around him, not vice versa. Anyways, here are a couple of guys I think would fit in well (in no particular order):
- Mo Williams (After moving to the Cleveland Lebron’s he’s shot 45% from 3, and he obviously doesn’t have a problem deferring, just not sure about his D)
- Mike Bibby (Also a solid 3 pt shooter, good facilitator, but horrible on D and crappy contract, 2 years 16 mil left)
- Stephen Curry (High basketball IQ, Good 3 pt shooter, not sure yet about 2nd fiddle, limited on D, but willing to improve, young, good ball handler. But I highly doubt GS would be willing to part ways with him this early in the game unless we WAYY overpaid)
- Sidenote; would you trade Ander Miller & Jerryd Bayless for Scurry & Radmonavic? Seriously, we would we get temp relief at the 4 (if you want to be generous enough to call radmon-a-bitch a 4) and possibly the PG of the future in Scurry, and not have to take on anymore salary then we already have (radmonavic expires the same year as we have a team option for Dre). Honestly, I would have to sit down and think really hard about this if I am both sides….can you imagine Dre running the break in GS? Wow.
What do you guys think? Tell me who you think and why!