Saturday, January 31, 2009

Jazz Preview


Tonight’s game versus the Jazz is a big one for the Blazers. Utah has been on a bit of a slide and have only won 4 of their 10 games. They are currently 9th in the west, putting them just out of the playoffs. Tonight’s will not only distance ourselves more from Utah in the division race and the playoff race. 

We have another huge bonus in the fact that Andrea Kiralinko is out indefinitely after getting ankle surgery earlier this week. Carlos Boozer is still out with a hurt knee. So the chance for us to get a win increases even more. However, Steve Blake is expected to be out again. So what are the keys to the game? Here is this humble man’s 2 cents.

1. Keep Deron Williams Out of the Paint
We need to make sure Deron Williams doesn’t beat us with his penetration. That opens up everything for the Jazz (especially Okur).
2. Play Tough
Since Jerry Sloan has been coaching the Jazz (since before I was born) the Jazz have been known as a tough hard nosed team. This years version of the team is no different. Paul Milsap has stepped in nicely during Boozer’s absence. So we need make sure we block him out and don’t let him beat us on the boards.
3. Win the Rebound Battle
We need to make sure and out-rebound the Jazz. It will go a long ways in securing a Blazers win.
Gambler’s Corner

Blazers -9.5
Over/Under 200

I am going to go with the Jazz. I think the Blazers will win, but I think it will be a close one. I am also going with the under because I think that it will turn into a halfcourt possession oriented game. 

5 comments:

  1. Blazers and the under. The over/under seems kind of high on this one, back to studying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kyle, I think I am copying you. But I am also going with the Jazz and the under. I think the Blazers will win as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jazz in the over. And i think we are gonna need a huge game from Bayless when he's on D-Will. Thats gonna be the most important match up in this game in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to take the Jazz and Under if you trust me. I thought it was going to be a close win for the Blazers! Man I was wrong, seems like a lot of other people were expecting a close game. GO BLAZERS!!

    ReplyDelete